Sunday, September 6, 2009

Le Paris!!!


I don't even know where to begin. It's been an overwhelming three days- I've eaten my weight in macarons, I've consumed more foie gras than I can even explain, and I love Paris. And butter. And ducks. And Paris. I can't blog everything at once, so I'll do what I can when I can and jump around

Above is the menu at the first restaurant we ate at once arriving in Paris- L'Encrier. After a fair amount of hilarious menu translation by my Mother and I, (we misread "pig cheeks" as "cheeks of the sea") we started our 3 course lunch.


I pushed my limits and ordered the house special- fried rabbit kidneys in a raspberry vinegrette. ZOMG. Heaven, once you got past it being a little weird.


For my main course I had the pig cheeks,which were rich and tender and taste like slow-cooked veal. For dessert- cream puffs filled with vanilla ice cream and drenched in dark chocolate sauce.

Follow OMGSammiches on Twitter

No comments: