Wednesday, July 29, 2009

MORE Cupcakes.

So, this weekend we stopped at More, the cupcake store with cupcakes designed by Chicago pastry chef Gale Gand. I recently met Gale at the Green City Market- she was super nice and suggested a couple bakeries I should visit when I'm in Paris. She also told me to e-mail her and then never e-mailed me back. (E-mail me back, Gale!) Anyway. I had a brioche cupcake filled with sour cherry butter cream and iced (made to order) with foie gras buttercream.


There it is. Yum, I love foie buttercream.


Cupcake rundown! (from left to right): The salted caramel, lemon meringue, and the BLT.

The savory cupcakes were pretty good. The cake wasn't as moist as I would've liked, except in the red velvet, which had disappointing frosting. All in all, I'd go back for the foie cupcake, but that's about it.

Follow OMGSammiches on Twitter

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

maybe you're just bitter she didn't email back.

Dandy said...

I've had foie gras ice cream but I've never had a cupcake like that. Sounds fantastic.