Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pine Nutz

A few weeks ago I tried my very first Bouchon recipe, Lemon Sabayon-Pine Nut Tart with Honeyed Mascarpone Cream which came out pretty okay. The crust was made out of a kind of pine-nut shortbread, which I thought would make a good shortbread cookie.
Which led me to this recipe for Honey, cinnamon & pine nut shortbread fingers which I have modified a little:
  • 2 sticks plus 2 Tbsp. soft butter
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2 tbs honey
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • Plain flour, to dust
  • 1/3 cup pine nuts
Grind pine nuts into pine nut dust using food processor. Mix dough as you would any other cookie dough. Pat dough into pan and cut into fingers before baking. Bake at 320 degrees for 40 minutes.

Follow OMGSammiches on Twitter

No comments: