Friday, August 7, 2009

Pride and Joy.


So in addition to cooking, my other main hobby is silversmithing. One corner of my bedroom is filled with butane torches, a flexible drill, saws, pickling acids, files, and more silver, gold and gemstones than I can keep track of (at least financially). These are a couple of my favorite pieces. Above is a necklace I made for my friend Roly- it's the teeny-est grey-blue sapphire bezel set in sterling silver on a thin chain.


Then there's my baby. Fourteen 8x10 mm faceted citrines, prong set in silver and hand-forged together with hinges- all made by hand. It took me six months of time and savings, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Follow OMGSammiches on Twitter

2 comments:

Dandy said...

OMG I LOVE that bracelet

Carolyn said...

The sapphire is beautiful! *I* wear it with everything!