Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Prawns with roasted asparagus and baby zucchini

It is hot here, and cooking in a sweltering kitchen sucks. So, I like to cook in the broiler when I can. I keep shrimp from Costco in my freezer- they're a great deal and are HUGE. This weekend I went over to Chicago's Green City Market and got some fresh produce- lots of asparagus and sugar snap peas and baby squashes. Here's what I did with it:

Prawns with roasted asparagus and baby zucchini (Serves 2)

8 giant shrimps, in their shell
1/2 bunch asparagus
6 baby zucchini
olive oil
salt
pepper

Wash and cut veggies into sizeable chunks. Make sure they are dry. Shell shrimps, pat dry with paper towel. Throw everything on a baking sheet- drizzle with olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. I like to use Argumato Extra Virgin Olive Oil, which is pressed with lemons. Toss everything until evenly coated. Throw under broiler- after a couple minutes, turn shrimp. After a couple more minutes, remove shrimp and set aside. Continue to cook veggies till crispy.

Follow OMGSammiches on Twitter

No comments: