Monday, January 11, 2010

The Lady Grey Creme Cocktail

I was baking this Christmas, and bought a pair of terrible, expensive, dry vanilla beans. I tried splitting them and they snapped into pieces- I was furious. Then I took a minute, calmed down, put them in a tupperwear container and drowned them in vodka. I poured in a couple tablespoons of my favorite tea, Argo's Earl Grey Creme. I proceeded to completely forget I had this in my fridge. Then last night I took it out and mixed up this drink- it's a little sweet, but it's really strong (I think I originally declared it a 'Vanilla Drunkbox').

Vanilla Earl Grey Vodka:

2 Tbsp Earl Grey tea
2 Vanilla Beans
2 cups vodka

Combine all ingredients. Let sit in your fridge a couple days or weeks.

The Lady Grey Creme (Or Vanilla Drunkbox):

2 Tbsp. simple syrup
1/4 cup Vanilla Earl Grey Vodka
soda water

Combine vodka and simple syrup in a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a glass. Top with soda water.

Follow OMGSammiches on Twitter

No comments: