Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Foie Gras!


After visiting Fauchon in Paris, my credit card company turned my card off because "spending over $200 at a French grocery store" was suspicious. They must not know anything about me. Above is the whole duck foie gras I smuggled home in my luggage, along with some honey, which made me nervous- forbidden animal products! Shhhh, don't tell.

I decided to use more of my Christine Ferber raspberry jam with the foie. I warmed some of the jam up in a saucepan and added balsamic vinegar and Courvoisier and reduced it into a paste, which I then cooled. I served cold slices of the buttery salty meat over a thin slice of baguette and topped each piece with a smear of the jam/vinegar/cognac.

It wasn't the best foie gras, but it was a nice holiday treat.

Follow OMGSammiches on Twitter

2 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Hi Becca,

Guess what? That mug comes from a shop in Chicago called Circa Ceramics. Love those folks!

Becca said...

Haha- Donna, you won't believe this, but that ceramics studio is IN MY OFFICE BUILDING! One office down. I'm gonna have to go over and get one!