Friday, October 23, 2009

How sick of macarons are you?


My macaron posts from my trip are winding down, promise. This is the second to last. I saw these macarons in a window of a chocolate shop in Brussels, long after I had left Paris and eaten through my stash. Macarons in the middle of chocolate land! I made a bee-line over to the shop, by the time my family made it inside I had already purchased a box of the delightful little sandwiches.


Almond. Caramel. Vanilla. These ones were super chewy, not made very well but still delicious- and the buttercream inside was very slightly sweetened, which made them taste even better.


Pistachio. More almond. More caramel. I miss macarons.

These ones are from Jean-Philippe's Darcis, a chocolate shop and patisserie. Be warned- the site pictures halloween-themed macarons, which I can imagine are nothing short of exquisite. I've got a bad feeling that next week I'll be whipping up some chocolate hazelnut macarons with pumpkin buttercream...

Follow OMGSammiches on Twitter

2 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

Oooh... now I'm starving.... despite the fact that I just wolfed down a pack of peanut M&M's.

Anonymous said...

Oh Macarons, they will be the death of me, I just made some the other day. yes I said I made some, eek. Surprisingly they turned out pretty good, tasting, not nearly as pretty as those.